Does the method present a risk of causing harm?
- Does the method present a risk of inflicting physical or psychological injury or offense?
- Is there a risk of (re)traumatizing someone?
- Are participants exposed?
- Is there a risk of violating participants’ privacy?
- Are personal details inadequately protected?
In the university environment, you need to be especially careful in your treatment of personal information and details –even when students’ safety and health is not endangered. Your job is not just to guide learning processes; you also are responsible for evaluating students and should therefore be conscientious about deciding what to cover and what you as the lecturer would be better off not knowing so that you remain fair and impartial.